You are reading

Forest Hills Stadium to Host First Concert Since COVID Outbreak July 23

Forest Hills Stadium (Photo: Queens Post)

May 19, 2021 By Ryan Songalia

Forest Hills Stadium will host its first concert since the COVID-19 pandemic began when Brandi Carlile performs at the outdoor music venue on Friday, July 23.

The venue, which can seat a maximum capacity of 13,000 people, canceled last year’s summer concert schedule, which was to include major acts like Bob Dylan and Blake Shelton.

Other shows on the 2021 calendar include Bright Eyes (July 31); Wilco and Sleater-Kinney (Aug. 21); and My Morning Jacket and Brittany Howard (Sept. 10 and 11).

Carlile, a six-time Grammy winning artist, is best known for indy rock and country hits like “The Story” and “The Joke.” Her other achievements include receiving Billboard‘s Women In Music “Trailblazer Award” and CMT’s Next Women of Country “Impact Award.”

Applicable public health requirements as of the date of the event will be observed, a stadium spokesperson said. That could impact the capacity for the event, as well as attendance prerequisites and protective measures.

The news comes as capacity restrictions for restaurants, concert halls, theaters and other venues in New York state have been lifted as of May 19.

Vaccinated residents can also go mask-free in most settings as of today, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced.

Tickets for the concert will go on sale Friday, May 21 at 11 a.m. via axs.com and foresthillsstadium.com.

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Fresh Meadows MS-13 gang associate sentenced to nearly a half-century in prison for murder of Corona teen in Kissena Park: Feds

An MS-13 gang associate from Fresh Meadows was sentenced to 45 years in federal prison on Tuesday, Aug. 26, for the 2018 slaying of a Corona teenager in Flushing’s Kissena Park.

Juan Amaya-Ramirez, 27, and his co-defendant Oscar Flores-Mejia, 25, from Elmhurst, who is also an associate of the transnational criminal organization, pleaded guilty to the murder of 17-year-old Andy Peralta in Brooklyn federal court last September.

Plant Powered Metro NY helps reverse chronic illness with food and community

Aug. 28, 2025 By Jessica Militello

When Northern Queens resident Sherika Sterling discovered Plant Powered Metro NY’s Jumpstart program, she was struggling with a list of health issues that she thought she would have to deal with her entire life. After joining the program and changing to a plant-based diet, she was able to reverse many of her chronic ailments, including being pre-diabetic, after being equipped with practical tools, knowledge and plant-based recipes.

AG’s office launches investigation into death of man run over by police officer in Flushing Meadows Corona Park

The New York Attorney General’s Office of Special Investigations (OSI) has launched a probe into the death of a civilian on Saturday, Aug. 23, following a motor vehicle collision involving NYPD officers in Flushing Meadows Corona Park.

At approximately 4:37 p.m., an NYPD officer from the 110th Precinct in Elmhurst was driving westbound in a marked police cruiser, a 2015 Ford Taurus, at around 10 miles per hour in front of the Queens Theater on United Nations Avenue South, across from the Unisphere, when the vehicle ran over a man who was allegedly lying face up on the roadway prior to the collision, police said.