You are reading

Armed Robber Attacks 3 Victims in Violent Flushing Spree: NYPD

Suspect image via DCPI

Jan. 7, 2019 By Meghan Sackman

Police are searching for a man allegedly behind three violent robberies in the Flushing area that took place last month.

The first robbery happened on Dec. 27, when the thief approached a 54-year-old man at Summit Court and Sanford Avenue at around 3:20 a.m. and pushed him to the ground, police said.

The thief then took out a weapon and hit the victim repeatedly in the face before stealing $400 in cash from him.

The next attack happened on Dec. 29 at 5:30 a.m., when the thief stopped a 28-year-old man at Maple Avenue and Kissena Boulevard and demanded cash at gunpoint, police said.

He then struck the 28-year-old over the head with the gun, and stole his iPhone 5 before fleeing. The victim, meanwhile, was transported to a nearby hospital for the cut to his face.

The third robbery took place at around 11:45 p.m. on Dec. 31, when the thief struck a 47-year-old man over the head near Pople Avenue and College Point Boulevard with an unknown object.

The thief, according to police, pointed a gun at the victim, but fled without stealing any property.

The suspect is described as black, approximately 5 feet 10 inches, about 185 pounds, and between 18 to 24-years-old.

Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782).

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Five Queens startups win $20,000 each in 2024 Tech + Innovation Challenge

May. 19, 2024 By Czarinna Andres

A diverse range of businesses, including a yoga studio, an olive oil distributor, a female health care provider, a sustainable mushroom farmer, and an AI-powered physical therapy service, have been named winners of the 2024 Queens Tech + Innovation Challenge (QTIC). Each winner will receive a $20,000 grant to support their business operations.

QBP Richards, advocates rally to demand Mayor Adams restore funding to City’s libraries

May. 17, 2024 By Gabriele Holtermann

A rally was held at the Queens Public Library at Forest Hills on May 16, during which Queens Borough President Donovan Richards, Queens Public Library President and CEO Dennis Walcott, union reps and library advocates called on Mayor Eric Adams to reverse the proposed $58.3 million budget cuts to the New York Public Library (NYPL), the Brooklyn Public Library (BPL), and the Queens Public Library (QBL) for Fiscal Year 2025, which begins on July 1, 2024.

Queens elected officials secure $70 million from New York State Budget for school safety equipment in religious and independent schools

May. 17, 2024 By Anthony Medina

Religious and independent schools throughout the city will soon receive additional funding for school safety equipment, thanks to Assemblymember Andrew Hevesi and State Senator Michael Gianaris, who, after extensive advocacy efforts, successfully secured $70 million from the New York State Budget for 2024-25 for Non-Public School Safety Equipment (NPSE) grants.