You are reading

Flushing Man Tries to Rape 64-year-old Woman in Queens Apartment, Assaults Her 94-Year-Old Mother: DA

(Source: iStock)

Aug. 6, 2019 By Shane O’Brien

A Flushing man has been charged with the attempted rape of a 64-year old women and the assault of her 94-year old mother after he broke into their Queens apartment this weekend, the Queens District Attorney’s office has announced.

Solomon Hudgins, 27, of Roosevelt Avenue, allegedly broke into the apartment of the mother and daughter shortly before 2 a.m. on the morning of Sunday, Aug. 4, the DA’s office said.

Hudgins gained entry through the apartment’s bathroom window by tearing out a screen. He then allegedly attempted to sexually assault the 64-year old woman after she saw him with his pants down and his penis exposed.

The defendant then allegedly grabbed the woman and touched her breasts and her genitals, before trying to pull her pants down.

When the victim’s 94-year-old mother attempted to use her phone to call the police, Hudgins took the phone from her and hit her on the hand with it, causing both swelling and bruising. He then fled the scene, but was apprehended a short distance from the apartment by officers from the 109th Police Precinct.

Acting District Attorney John Ryan said, “This was a vicious attack on a 64-year-old woman, who did her best to fight off the nearly-naked defendant in the middle of the night. The victim’s 94-year-old mother tried to call the police, only to have the defendant grab the phone from her and strike her with it.

“If the charges are proven, this defendant deserves nothing less than a significant term of incarceration.”

Hudgins was arraigned Sunday before Queens Criminal Court Judge Scott Dunn on charges of first-degree burglary, first-degree attempted rape and second-degree assault, among other charges. Dunn ordered that Hudgins return to court on August 9.

If found guilty of the charges, he faces up to 25 years in prison.

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Corona man convicted of murder-for-hire in fatal shooting outside a Flushing karaoke bar in 2019: Feds

A Corona hitman was found guilty of killing a man outside a Flushing karaoke bar in exchange for a $100,000 wristwatch in 2019.

Antony Abreu, 36, was convicted by a federal jury on Tuesday on both counts on an indictment charging him with murder-for-hire and murder-for-hire conspiracy in connection to the fatal shooting of 31-year-old Xin “Chris” Gu at the Grand Slam KTV on Fowler Avenue on Feb. 12, 2019.

Flushing man indicted in fatal collision that killed 10-year-old boy in East Elmhurst last month: DA

A Flushing man was indicted by a Queens grand jury in a fatal collision that killed an 8-year-old boy in East Elmhurst last month.

Jose Barcia, 52, is accused of speeding through a crosswalk while making a left turn, killing Bayron Palomino Arroyo and injuring his 10-year-old brother Bradley on Mar. 13. The grand jury indictment was filed on Apr. 18, and Barcia will be arraigned on May 2, according to Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz.