You are reading

Flushing Woman Charged For Stabbing Three Babies, Two Adults

43-67 161st St. (Photo: Google Maps)

Sept. 24, 2018 By Tara Law

A Flushing woman will be charged with five counts of attempted murder for the Friday stabbing that left five people— including three newborns— in critical condition, police said.

Police say that they have filed charges against Yu Fen Wang, 52, for the stabbings.

A spokesperson for the Queens District Attorney’s office said that the defendant has not been arraigned yet, as she is still in hospital. 

Police received a 911 call about an “assault with a knife” at 43-67 161st St. at around 3:44 a.m. on Friday.

Five victims were found inside the house, each covered in multiple stab wounds. Two of the babies had stab wounds to their stomachs, and the other child had a slashes on her chin, ear and lip. 

The adult female victim, who police say was a daycare employee, had a stab wound to her torso. The male victim, the father of one of the babies, had a stab wound to his leg.

Police said on Friday that Wang was found lying unconscious in the building’s basement. She had an apparently self-inflicted slash wound to her wrist, police said.

All of the victims were treated in area hospitals. Each was in critical but stable condition as of Friday.

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Flushing man indicted in fatal collision that killed 10-year-old boy in East Elmhurst last month: DA

A Flushing man was indicted by a Queens grand jury in a fatal collision that killed an 8-year-old boy in East Elmhurst last month.

Jose Barcia, 52, is accused of speeding through a crosswalk while making a left turn, killing Bayron Palomino Arroyo and injuring his 10-year-old brother Bradley on Mar. 13. The grand jury indictment was filed on Apr. 18, and Barcia will be arraigned on May 2, according to Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz.

Dozens of restaurant and small business owners urge Sen. Ramos to support the $8B Metropolitan Park proposal at Citi Field

Around fifty restaurant and small business owners from Corona, Jackson Heights, and East Elmhurst signed a letter asking state Senator Jessica Ramos to support the $8 billion Metropolitan Park proposal from New York Mets owner Steve Cohen and Hard Rock International to build a casino and entertainment complex on the parking lot adjacent to Citi Field.

Jessica Rico, the owner of Mojitos Restaurant & Bar in Jackson Heights, hand-delivered the letter to a Ramos staffer while the Senator was in Albany on April 19.

Crunching the Queens crime numbers: grand larcenies down across borough, rapes halved in the north, robberies decrease in the south

Apr. 17, 2024 By Ethan Marshall

The number of grand larcenies across Queens was down during the 28-day period from March 18 to April 14, compared to the same period of time last year, according to the latest crime stats released by the NYPD Monday. At the same time, rapes and robberies decreased significantly in northern and southern Queens, respectively.