You are reading

Fundraiser Seeking $3M to Gift Donald Trump his Childhood Home Falling Short

Donald Trump’s childhood house in Jamaica Estates (Google Maps)

Dec. 10, 2020 By Allie Griffin

A fundraiser launched last month with the goal to raise $3 million to purchase the childhood home of President Donald Trump appears at this point to be a flop.

The GoFundMe — launched by the real estate company representing the anonymous seller —urges Trump supporters to donate to the fund so the Jamaica Estates house where the president grew up can be gifted to him when he leaves office.

“Love Trump? Thank President Trump by contributing to this campaign to buy his childhood home in his honor!” Paramount Realty USA wrote on the fundraiser page. The $3 million raised would go to the seller.

However, it seems that not even Trump fans want to buy the house.

Only $1,217 — by the time of publication — has been raised by 75 donors in the nearly three weeks since the GoFundMe was launched on Nov. 23.

Paramount Realty USA launched the GoFundMe after struggling to find a buyer.

The five-bedroom Tudor home, located at 85-15 Wareham Pl., was put up for auction in fall 2019, but failed to meet the undisclosed reserve price, the New York Times reported.

The Jamaica Estates house last sold in 2017 for roughly $2.14 million and was last on the market for $2.9 million, according to the GoFundMe.

The realty company is hoping it’ll have better luck with Trump fans. If the $3 million goal is met, the money will go to the owner of the house and the property would be gifted to Trump or a charity of his choice.

The GoFundMe page references a 2016 interview on the Tonight Show in which Trump said he wanted to buy the house when it was on the market.

Paramount Realty USA said the house could be converted into a presidential library, museum or national historic site.

If the large price tag isn’t met through the fundraiser, the proceeds will be donated to a charity.

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Corona man charged with rape and kidnapping for attacks on 13-year-olds in Flushing park: DA

Ecuadorean migrant Christian Inga was criminally charged Wednesday with first-degree rape, two counts of kidnapping, predatory sexual assault, and other crimes for attacking two 13-year-olds who were in Kissena Corridor Park in the middle of the afternoon on June 13.

He allegedly held the two children at knifepoint in a wooded area where he tied the hands of the boy and girl together with a shoelace and then raped the girl.

Curtis Sliwa calls for more protection of kids after brutal sexual attack on teenage girl in Flushing

Jun. 18, 2024 By Gabriele Holtermann

Following the horrific incident where a 13-year-old girl was raped in Kissena Corridor Park in Flushing last Thursday, former NYC mayoral candidate Curtis Sliwa, several GOP candidates, and community leaders held a rally in the park on Monday evening. They called for increased protection for children in Flushing after the attacker forced the victim and her friend into a wooded area at knifepoint, tied them up, and committed the heinous crime.

Urgent manhunt underway for ‘animal’ who allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl in Flushing park on Thursday: NYPD

The NYPD announced a $10,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to the arrest of a Hispanic man who allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl in a wooded area of Kissena Corridor Park on Thursday afternoon.

More than sixty investigators were at the crime scene late into the night. During a press briefing by NYPD brass on Friday, Chief of Department Jeffrey Maddrey said that the manhunt was expanded city-wide and that the department would spare no expense until the suspect was apprehended.