You are reading

Man Breaks into Two Flushing Apartments, Takes More Than $2,000

Suspect (NYPD)

Feb. 7, 2018 By Christian Murray

The police are looking for a man who allegedly broke into two apartments in Flushing last month.

The suspect allegedly forced his way through the front door of an apartment near College Point Boulevard and Pople Avenue at around noon on Jan. 22 and fled with $200, police said.

One hour later, the suspect allegedly broke into another unit in the same area. The man took jewelry worth about $2,000 and fled the location in an unknown direction, police said.

The suspect is described as black with a medium build. He was last seen wearing dark clothing.

Surveillance pictures of the individual were obtained prior to the incident in the vicinity of the location.

Anyone with information in regard to this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782).

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

QBP Richards, advocates rally to demand Mayor Adams restore funding to City’s libraries

May. 17, 2024 By Gabriele Holtermann

A rally was held at the Queens Public Library at Forest Hills on May 16, during which Queens Borough President Donovan Richards, Queens Public Library President and CEO Dennis Walcott, union reps and library advocates called on Mayor Eric Adams to reverse the proposed $58.3 million budget cuts to the New York Public Library (NYPL), the Brooklyn Public Library (BPL), and the Queens Public Library (QBL) for Fiscal Year 2025, which begins on July 1, 2024.

Queens elected officials secure $70 million from New York State Budget for school safety equipment in religious and independent schools

May. 17, 2024 By Anthony Medina

Religious and independent schools throughout the city will soon receive additional funding for school safety equipment, thanks to Assemblymember Andrew Hevesi and State Senator Michael Gianaris, who, after extensive advocacy efforts, successfully secured $70 million from the New York State Budget for 2024-25 for Non-Public School Safety Equipment (NPSE) grants.