You are reading

Man Faces 25-Years-to-Life For Killing Pregnant Girlfriend and Dumping Her Body on Side of the Road: DA

Goey Charles (NYPD)

Oct. 28, 2020 By Michael Dorgan

A man has been charged with murder for killing his pregnant girlfriend and dumping her body on the side of the road in Bayside last week.

Goey Charles, from Uniondale in Long Island, allegedly strangled Vanessa Pierre, 29, before leaving her face down on the ground next to the Horace Harding Expressway near Bell Boulevard on Friday, according to police.

Charles, 29, who was the father of her unborn child, was captured on surveillance video yanking Pierre out of a white-colored sports car and leaving her by a bush.

He was charged with murder in the second degree by the Queens District Attorney’s Office Tuesday and faces up to 25 years-to-life in prison if convicted.

“This is a heartbreaking case,” Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz said in a statement. “A pregnant woman was allegedly killed by this defendant – the father of her unborn child. Her family is devastated.”

(NYPD)

According to the charges, Charles was captured on CCTV pulling over a 2019 white Dodge Challenger outside 216-07 Horace Harding Expressway on Oct. 23 at around 2:50 a.m.

Charles got into the back seat of the vehicle with Pierre– and she could be seen moving on the video footage.

All movement stopped a short time later and Pierre appeared to be laying motionless across the backseat, prosecutors said.

At around 4:40 a.m., Charles got out of the car and then yanked Pierre’s body out of the Dodge Challenger and left her dying body on the side of the roadway.

Charles got back into the car and fled the scene, prosecutors said.

A passer-by spotted Pierre laying on the around with a gray sweat pants wrapped around her neck around 80 minutes later.

Responding EMS technicians said Pierre was unresponsive and unconscious and pronounced her dead at the scene.

Charles was identified through a photo array and in video stills and was arrested Tuesday evening.

He is being held pending arraignment in Queens Criminal Court.

Charles allegedly left Pierre outside 216-07 Horace Harding Expressway on Oct. 23 at around 6 a.m. (Google Maps)

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Mob of young people ransack Flushing boutique minutes after robbing man at knifepoint on Roosevelt Avenue: NYPD

Police from the 109th Precinct in Flushing are still looking for more than a dozen young people who allegedly robbed a man at knifepoint on Roosevelt Avenue and then pulled a smash-and-grab minutes later, looting a store of tens of thousands of dollars worth of merchandise last month.

The mob of more than a dozen men and women surrounded a 38-year-old man in the vicinity of Roosevelt Avenue and Union Street in the early morning of Monday, April 22. Several of the suspects threatened the victim with knives and some of the individuals menaced him with sticks before they forcibly removed his wallet, which contained $700 in cash, police said, adding that the victim was not injured during the incident.

Mayor announces new 9/11 memorial will be built in Whitestone to honor fallen service members from Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts

Queens will be home to the city’s new memorial dedicated to the 99 service members from the borough who lost their lives in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq following the events of 9/11, Mayor Eric Adams announced during a Fleet Week kickoff reception at City Hall on Thursday morning.

The borough of Queens was chosen because it is home to the largest number of post-9/11 service members who were killed in action during those conflicts. Queens is also home to the highest population of living veterans than any other borough.

Two men sentenced to life imprisonment in murder-for-hire of perceived business rival at Flushing karaoke club

The president of a Manhattan-based construction company and a California man were sentenced to life in prison in Brooklyn federal court on Wednesday for orchestrating the murder of a businessman at a Flushing karaoke bar in 2019.

Qing Ming “Allen” Yu, 55, of Oyster Bay, and Zhe “Zack” Zhang, 35, of Arcadia, Calif., were convicted by a federal jury in October following a two-week trial for the contract killing of 31-year-old Xin “Chris” Gu, who worked at Yu’s company before becoming his business rival. The jury found the defendants guilty of murder-for-hire and murder-for-hire conspiracy for hiring a hitman to gun the victim down outside the Grand Slam KTV bar on Fowler Avenue