You are reading

Man Gets 25 to Life for Violent Murder in Kissena Corridor Park: Queens DA

iStock

March 20, 2018 Staff Report

A man who fatally stabbed and slashed a woman in Kissena Corridor Park has been sentenced to 25 years to life in prison for the violent murder.

Christopher Sobers, 28, was found guilty last month for the murder of 28-year-old Queens woman Qing Qing Kiemde in 2015.

A jury convicted Sobers of second-degree murder, as well as tampering with physical evidence and fifth-degree criminal possession of stolen property.

Kiemde’s body had been found brutally wounded to the point of near decapitation in Kissena Corridor Park on October 11, 2015, according to Queens District Attorney Richard Brown.

According to Brown, Sobers and Kiemde, a bakery worker, met in a group meeting and became romantically involved.

After Kiemde’s death, Sobers was found in to be possession of her cell phone, with the data erased and replaced with his own information. Brown’s office also said that Sober was seen on a surveillance camera carrying a “very distinctive” purse that appeared identical to one Kiemde had.

“This was a senseless and brutal slaying. A young woman died in a violent knife attack, but today her killer has been sentenced to a very long term of incarceration,” Brown said in a statement. “It is my hope that her family can find some comfort in knowing the defendant will be locked away from civilized society and no other innocent woman will be victimized at his hands.”

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

QBP Richards, advocates rally to demand Mayor Adams restore funding to City’s libraries

May. 17, 2024 By Gabriele Holtermann

A rally was held at the Queens Public Library at Forest Hills on May 16, during which Queens Borough President Donovan Richards, Queens Public Library President and CEO Dennis Walcott, union reps and library advocates called on Mayor Eric Adams to reverse the proposed $58.3 million budget cuts to the New York Public Library (NYPL), the Brooklyn Public Library (BPL), and the Queens Public Library (QBL) for Fiscal Year 2025, which begins on July 1, 2024.

Queens elected officials secure $70 million from New York State Budget for school safety equipment in religious and independent schools

May. 17, 2024 By Anthony Medina

Religious and independent schools throughout the city will soon receive additional funding for school safety equipment, thanks to Assemblymember Andrew Hevesi and State Senator Michael Gianaris, who, after extensive advocacy efforts, successfully secured $70 million from the New York State Budget for 2024-25 for Non-Public School Safety Equipment (NPSE) grants.