You are reading

Police Looking For 3 Men in Connection to College Point Car Break-Ins

Oct. 21, 2019. By Shane O’Brien 

Police are looking for three men who broke into five cars in a Target parking lot in College Point over the course of two months and stole cash and credit cards.

The five incidents all occurred between Aug. 23 and Oct. 14, according to the NYPD.

The robberies all took place in a parking lot in the vicinity of a Target store located at 135-05 20th Ave., where the three men broke into cars and stole cash, credit cards and personal property. The credit cards were used in local stores shortly after.

The police released video and photos of the suspects when they allegedly broke into a car on Monday, Oct. 14 at 1 p.m. near the Target store. They took cash and credit cards, police said, and used the cards to make $2,300 worth of unauthorized purchases at stores nearby.

Anyone with information in regard to the identity of the males is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the CrimeStoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or on Twitter @NYPDTips.

All calls are strictly confidential.

email the author: news@queenspost.com

2 Comments

Click for Comments 
Sara Ross

I hope they get these lowlifes, BUT you don’t leave your car unlocked, you don’t leave your bag or money in the car and take responsibility for your own actions! They interviewed 1 woman who had $3,000 in her car. Why the hell wouldn’t she take it with her?

32
21
Reply
Questionable Choices

The question here is why would anyone be carrying around any cash at all…
Never the less, I’d much rather have 3k stolen from the car than have it on me and risk getting stabbed/shot for it.

Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Mob of young people ransack Flushing boutique minutes after robbing man at knifepoint on Roosevelt Avenue: NYPD

Police from the 109th Precinct in Flushing are still looking for more than a dozen young people who allegedly robbed a man at knifepoint on Roosevelt Avenue and then pulled a smash-and-grab minutes later, looting a store of tens of thousands of dollars worth of merchandise last month.

The mob of more than a dozen men and women surrounded a 38-year-old man in the vicinity of Roosevelt Avenue and Union Street in the early morning of Monday, April 22. Several of the suspects threatened the victim with knives and some of the individuals menaced him with sticks before they forcibly removed his wallet, which contained $700 in cash, police said, adding that the victim was not injured during the incident.

Mayor announces new 9/11 memorial will be built in Whitestone to honor fallen service members from Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts

Queens will be home to the city’s new memorial dedicated to the 99 service members from the borough who lost their lives in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq following the events of 9/11, Mayor Eric Adams announced during a Fleet Week kickoff reception at City Hall on Thursday morning.

The borough of Queens was chosen because it is home to the largest number of post-9/11 service members who were killed in action during those conflicts. Queens is also home to the highest population of living veterans than any other borough.

Two men sentenced to life imprisonment in murder-for-hire of perceived business rival at Flushing karaoke club

The president of a Manhattan-based construction company and a California man were sentenced to life in prison in Brooklyn federal court on Wednesday for orchestrating the murder of a businessman at a Flushing karaoke bar in 2019.

Qing Ming “Allen” Yu, 55, of Oyster Bay, and Zhe “Zack” Zhang, 35, of Arcadia, Calif., were convicted by a federal jury in October following a two-week trial for the contract killing of 31-year-old Xin “Chris” Gu, who worked at Yu’s company before becoming his business rival. The jury found the defendants guilty of murder-for-hire and murder-for-hire conspiracy for hiring a hitman to gun the victim down outside the Grand Slam KTV bar on Fowler Avenue