Jan. 24, 2018 By Tara Law
A popular Chinese restaurant in Flushing has been closed temporarily by the Department of Health.
New Shanghai Tan Restaurant, located at 135-20 40th Rd, was closed on Jan. 18 for numerous violation including evidence of mice and live roaches.
The restaurant was slapped with 51 violation points.
The Health Inspector cited several violations. The first five were listed as critical.
1) Hot food item not held at or above 140º F.
2) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
3) Live roaches present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
4) Tobacco use, eating, or drinking from open container in food preparation, food storage or dishwashing area observed.
5) Food not protected from potential source of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.
6) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.