You are reading

Queens Man Charged With Murder Following Gang Assault in Corona Last Month

A Queens man has been charged with murder for allegedly beating a man to death in Corona last month (Photo: iStock)

Dec. 6, 2022 By Czarinna Andres

A 20-year-old Queens man has been charged with murder and gang assault for the beating death of a man in Corona last month.

Michael Santander, of 39th Avenue in Corona, was arraigned Wednesday for allegedly killing 22-year-old Esvin Vasquez at around 2 a.m. on Nov. 13 at a BP Gas Station on Junction Boulevard near 44th Avenue in Corona.

According to the complaint, Santander was part of a group of unapprehended individuals who knocked Vasquez to the ground, where they kicked him in the head and body repeatedly.

Santander, based on video footage, also struck Vazquez in the head with a wooden board. The board was also used by Santander on another victim, who sustained multiple broken ribs.

“The life of a young father was cut short in a shockingly brutal attack,” said Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz in a statement. “As alleged, the defendant kicked and battered one victim causing his death and seriously injured a second. The defendant will be held accountable, and we will find the other perpetrators of this heinous assault.”

Santander was also charged with assault in the second degree and criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree.

Santander faces up to 25 years to life in prison if convicted.

 

 

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Corona man charged with rape and kidnapping for attacks on 13-year-olds in Flushing park: DA

Ecuadorean migrant Christian Inga was criminally charged Wednesday with first-degree rape, two counts of kidnapping, predatory sexual assault, and other crimes for attacking two 13-year-olds who were in Kissena Corridor Park in the middle of the afternoon on June 13.

He allegedly held the two children at knifepoint in a wooded area where he tied the hands of the boy and girl together with a shoelace and then raped the girl.

Curtis Sliwa calls for more protection of kids after brutal sexual attack on teenage girl in Flushing

Jun. 18, 2024 By Gabriele Holtermann

Following the horrific incident where a 13-year-old girl was raped in Kissena Corridor Park in Flushing last Thursday, former NYC mayoral candidate Curtis Sliwa, several GOP candidates, and community leaders held a rally in the park on Monday evening. They called for increased protection for children in Flushing after the attacker forced the victim and her friend into a wooded area at knifepoint, tied them up, and committed the heinous crime.

Urgent manhunt underway for ‘animal’ who allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl in Flushing park on Thursday: NYPD

The NYPD announced a $10,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to the arrest of a Hispanic man who allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl in a wooded area of Kissena Corridor Park on Thursday afternoon.

More than sixty investigators were at the crime scene late into the night. During a press briefing by NYPD brass on Friday, Chief of Department Jeffrey Maddrey said that the manhunt was expanded city-wide and that the department would spare no expense until the suspect was apprehended.