You are reading

Queens Man Who Recorded Women Using LaGuardia Airport Bathroom Sentenced to Six Months in Jail

La Guardia Airport (Photo: QueensPost)

Dec. 1, 2020 By Christian Murray

A College Point man was sentenced to six months in jail today for secretly recording ‘pretty girls’ in a public bathroom at LaGuardia Airport in December 2018.

Samuel Rodriguez, 39, pleaded guilty in September to unlawful surveillance in the second degree for recording a woman who was using a restroom at the airport. He placed his phone in the unisex bathroom prior to the victim using it, according to the charges.

“In pleading guilty, this defendant admitted to preying on unwitting individuals by setting up his phone to record women using the bathroom,” said Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz in a statement. “He turned an airport restroom into his own personal peep show. This is unconscionable and as a result of his actions the defendant is going to jail.”

Rodriguez, who worked at the airport, was sentenced to six months in jail, followed by 10 years’ post release supervision. He is also required to register as a sex offender.

According to the charges, Rodriquez set up his phone inside a paper towel dispenser in the bathroom with it angled to capture footage of women using the toilet.

Moments later, at around 9 p.m. on Dec. 19, 2018, a woman entered the bathroom stall and heard a beeping sound. She spotted a cell phone actively recording.

Rodriguez was later approached by authorities and he quickly confessed, according to the Queens District Attorney.

“I know what this is about and I’m sorry,” he reportedly told authorities when they approached him. He also provided law enforcement with his motive.

“I was trying to video pretty girls. I was going to masturbate to it at home,” he reportedly said.

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Dozens of restaurant and small business owners urge Sen. Ramos to support the $8B Metropolitan Park proposal at Citi Field

Around fifty restaurant and small business owners from Corona, Jackson Heights, and East Elmhurst signed a letter asking state Senator Jessica Ramos to support the $8 billion Metropolitan Park proposal from New York Mets owner Steve Cohen and Hard Rock International to build a casino and entertainment complex on the parking lot adjacent to Citi Field.

Jessica Rico, the owner of Mojitos Restaurant & Bar in Jackson Heights, hand-delivered the letter to a Ramos staffer while the Senator was in Albany on April 19.

Crunching the Queens crime numbers: grand larcenies down across borough, rapes halved in the north, robberies decrease in the south

Apr. 17, 2024 By Ethan Marshall

The number of grand larcenies across Queens was down during the 28-day period from March 18 to April 14, compared to the same period of time last year, according to the latest crime stats released by the NYPD Monday. At the same time, rapes and robberies decreased significantly in northern and southern Queens, respectively.