You are reading

Right-Wing Extremist Turns Himself In Following Bomb Hoax at Queens Place Mall

Police outside the Queens Place Mall Monday (Citizen)

Jan. 5, 2021 By Allie Griffin

A 22-year-old man with a history of spewing far-right conspiracy theories online turned himself in to police early Tuesday morning for the bomb hoax at the Queens Place Mall a day before.

Louis Shenker called 911 and surrendered to police at around 3 a.m. Tuesday, police said. He is accused of planting a fake bomb in a vehicle parked inside the garage of the Queens Place Mall on Monday morning, according to the NYPD.

Police officers received a call at 8:40 a.m. Monday that a device with a battery hooked up to two propane tanks was sitting inside a black Tesla — believed to be stolen — at the parking garage.

The mall was evacuated and the NYPD Bomb Squad responded to the scene and determined that the device was a hoax meant to look like an explosive.

Shenker has since been arrested on charges of false bomb and hazardous substance, criminal possession of stolen property and abandonment of an animal. A dog that was inside the Tesla was safely recovered by police.

Explosive device hoax (NYPD via Twitter)

The bomb hoax is not Shenker’s first run-in with law enforcement. He was recently arrested for arson after he burned a Black Lives Matter poster affixed to a police barricade, NBC News reported.

The 22-year-old has also posted anti-mask statements and false claims that President Donald Trump won the election on his social media accounts — which have since been suspended.

He also hosts a podcast called “The Minuteman,” on which he regularly shares his far-right views, and has appeared on the conspiracy show InfoWars.

Shenker was reportedly expelled from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, for a controversy stemming from his alt-right views and actions.

His last known address was in Amherst, Massachusetts, police said.

 

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Corona man convicted of murder-for-hire in fatal shooting outside a Flushing karaoke bar in 2019: Feds

A Corona hitman was found guilty of killing a man outside a Flushing karaoke bar in exchange for a $100,000 wristwatch in 2019.

Antony Abreu, 36, was convicted by a federal jury on Tuesday on both counts on an indictment charging him with murder-for-hire and murder-for-hire conspiracy in connection to the fatal shooting of 31-year-old Xin “Chris” Gu at the Grand Slam KTV on Fowler Avenue on Feb. 12, 2019.

Flushing man indicted in fatal collision that killed 10-year-old boy in East Elmhurst last month: DA

A Flushing man was indicted by a Queens grand jury in a fatal collision that killed an 8-year-old boy in East Elmhurst last month.

Jose Barcia, 52, is accused of speeding through a crosswalk while making a left turn, killing Bayron Palomino Arroyo and injuring his 10-year-old brother Bradley on Mar. 13. The grand jury indictment was filed on Apr. 18, and Barcia will be arraigned on May 2, according to Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz.