May 14, 2018 By Tara Law
A Flushing juice and sandwich shop has been been closed temporarily by the Health Department.
Sweet Haus Cafe, located at 143-01 45th Ave., was closed after it received 106 sanitary violation points in an inspection on May 8.
The eatery was cited for numerous violations, including cold food items held above 41 degrees and evidence of mice or live mice.
The inspector described the following violations. The first five were listed as critical.
1) Cold food item held above 41º F (smoked fish and reduced oxygen packaged foods above 38 ºF) except during necessary preparation.
2) Raw, cooked or prepared food is adulterated, contaminated, cross-contaminated, or not discarded in accordance with HACCP plan.
3) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
4) Food contact surface improperly constructed or located. Unacceptable material used.
5) No facilities available to wash, rinse and sanitize utensils and/or equipment.
6) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
7) Plumbing not properly installed or maintained; anti-siphonage or backflow prevention device not provided where required; equipment or floor not properly drained; sewage disposal system in disrepair or not functioning properly.